Jobs at TFC
Do you know someone who loves to work with people while sharing their enthusiasm for nature? We fill two internship positions and two seasonal positions each year. For more information on these and other positions with the Oregon Department of Forestry check out the ODF Employment page.
The Tillamook Forest Center invites you to consider volunteering your time and skills to help make the Center a memorable place for visitors. Whether assisting with programs, meeting and greeting visitors in the exhibit gallery or on the trails, working in the gift shop and at the reception desk, or helping behind the scenes, volunteers bring their own special insights and know-how to the Tillamook Forest Center team.
Volunteer positions are available for all ages, and we are always open to new ideas. If you are looking for a rewarding way to share your love of forests, looking to get involved in your community, or need to complete a service project, then consider spending some quality time in the Tillamook State Forest.
Volunteer Opportinites for all ages
- A Work Party Volunteer joins a group of other volunteers to complete various projects at the Center, inside or out, for a day.
- A Day Volunteer works a flexible weekly or monthly schedule and may participate in the commuter program from the Forest Grove or Tillamook area.
- An On-Site Volunteer Host lives in their own RV at a full-hookup facility on the Center grounds. Space is still available.
Volunteer PositionsA few of the exciting opportunities at the TFC include:
- Giving nature presentations about salmon, homesteading, forestry and more
- Maintaining the beautiful building and native landscaping
- Helping answer questions about the local area, forests and history at our gift shop/reception desk
- Serving as a local historian including capturing, cataloging and archiving historic materials
Contact us for more information on putting your experience and knowledge to work-and having some fun-at the Tillamook Forest Center.